Saturday, 27 July 2013

Scrap The Boys - August Challenge

This month at Scrap The Boys the challenge is to create a monochromatic layout, which includes twine and chipboard.  There are great prizes up for grabs, as usual!




Pictured is my little boy in front of the "Penguin Plunge" at Perth Zoo, with his dad lurking in that reflection in the glass!

I used gesso to stop my paper crinkling, and also to create some texture.  Sprayed Bahama Blue glimmer mist and splattered Mermaid glimmer glam.  I also used clear micro beads (real cheap on ebay). My glue didn't quite dry as clear as I hoped (I went overboard with it, hate when those little beads roll off!) but perhaps it adds to the effect!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Dot, this looks amazing. Love the texture, colours, beads and fabulous photo. Love, love, love it!! Thanks for the inspiration. Have a great weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dot. This is an amazing page. The splash of colour with just a few wavy lines and it has really created a visual impact and it is not as simple as it looks. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous layout! I love how you created the background! :)

    ReplyDelete