Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Once Upon a Sketch....March Challenge




Journalling: "Picking flowers for mum one lazy Saturday afternoon"

This months challenge at Once Upon a Sketch was to scrap about the weekend.  For me, weekends mean going to work. It also means coming back home to an excited little boy, and almost certainly ending up in a local park.  I love this photo of him picking weed flowers, and when I see it, I can hear that little 2 year old voice saying "I picked some flowers for you, mum."    

It's a bit of a mixed-bag of products here, including Kaisercraft 'magnolia' collectables and wooden flourish, a Prima vine, Francheville label frame, gumdrop glimmer mist and gold micro-beads. I made the white flourishes by tracing around chipboard (Blue Fern Studios 'royal border') and fussy cutting it out, which really didn't take as long as I thought it would!

 Thanks for visiting my blog!  :)





10 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous Dot.... full of amazing details....love all the layers, the torn page edges and all the little micro beads....Stunnung..... LOve it!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Dot, this is amazing.. so many layers, so many gorgeous details.. love the beads.. gorgeous photo too... beautiful take on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!wonderful page and beautiful embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dot. I found your blog through Lizzy's Leibster Award (I was one of the ladies that gave one to Lizzy!) I LOVE your work - I can see why Lizzy gave you the award. I'm definitely your newest follower and I'm looking forward to seeing what you create in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully layered focal point on your layout. And that photo of your son is precious. Thank you for sharing your work with us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I clicked on your picture over at OUAS, when this opened the first thing out of my mouth was....OMG, so I'm a follower now!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOOOW this is absolutely divine!!!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous; I love how all the clustered items just flow together. The torn bits along the edges add even more great dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colours, your layering...everything!

    ReplyDelete