Friday, 19 October 2012

A very special Sophie - Skissedilla #180




I love the sketches and the amazing talent at Skissedilla.  I couldn't wait to try this one, something about those diamonds really appealed to me.  I made my diamond background by sticking down small paper squares and smearing gesso over it, a very cheap way to make a mask.  I always wonder how people get such cool effects with their paint or gesso.  Here I rolled a gessoed-up paint brush stick across the page, glad it turned out well.
I'm not usually a flowery person but I love these Prima cherry blossoms. The papers are from My Minds Eye "on the bright side", and the blue background is Basic Grey.

Thanks for looking!






8 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so sweet!!! Gorgeous photo, and a super take on the sketch!!!! Love your work. Thanks for your participation. Love Brit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Dot, your work is awesome, I've just been scrolling through your blog :-)
    Thanks so much for visiting me. And yes, it was a cocktail umbrella from a mixed media colour kit at Gauche Alchemy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thank you for your comment on my blog!!! Oh you´v got a very unique and cracy style, I´v never seen bevor! So special!
    xo from Austria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find the sketches rather challenging and wonder how to start them, but you have created a marvelous layout... love the paint dots, the diamonds, the flowers and the vines.. well done on that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is fabulous! So gorgeous and bright, love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly amazing! I love the fresh and light colours and carefully selected embellishments. I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really awesome layout this one and the others in this blog! You have a great style! Became a reader through google reader!

    ReplyDelete
  8. really love your blog and your style, just became a follower!! congrats on the win at Skissedilla!! this is gorgeous!! and I love all the other ones I've seen so far!!

    would love for you to come visit me on my blog http://kerentamir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete